Honey Badge… President trump dont give a shit! Quite honestly I dont blame him for leaving some of these morons blocked.
- Donald Trump was told to stop blocking critics on Twitter in a ruling by a federal judge in New York
- U.S. District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald ruled that Twitter is a ‘public forum’ where the First Amendment applies
- Among the critics he had blocked on the social media forum are Chrissy Teigen and Rosie O’Donnell
- But hours after the ruling, he and his social media director Dan Scavino, who was also sued, had done nothing to end the blocks
- Case was brought against president and Scavino by Twitter users and Columbia University’s First Amendment Institute
- Department of Justice, which represented Trump, said it did not agree with ruling by Clinton-appointed judge and was considering its next steps
Donald Trump defied a judge who ruled Wednesday that blocking critics on Twitter was unconstitutional – keeping his bar on Rosie O’Donnell, Chrissy Teigen and others in place.
The judge had ruled in New York that Trump may not legally block Twitter users because doing so violates their right to free speech under the First Amendment of the Constitution.
The ruling by U.S. District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in Manhattan came in response to a lawsuit filed against Trump in July by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University and several Twitter users.
Buchwald agreed with the plaintiffs’ contention that the discussions arising from Trump’s tweets should be considered a public forum.
She rejected an argument made by Justice Department lawyers that Trump’s own First Amendment rights allowed him to block people with whom he did not wish to interact.
Buchwald signed off on the ruling earlier on Wednesday but many of the accounts remained unblocked as of this afternoon.
Produce Andy Lassner joked about taking Trump to Judge Judy’s courthouse after he remained blocked by the president hours after the ruling
Healthcare columnist Eugen Gu revealed the tweet that got him blocked by the president last year – and pointed out that Trump had not complied with the judge
Chrissy Teigen tweeted at the president saying ‘we meet again’ after he blocked the model last year – but she may have rejoiced prematurely, as no blocks appeared to have been lifted
Unconstitutional: The president was slapped down by a federal judge in New York who said that blocking his critics was a breach of the First Amendment