We were fortunate enough to run into Jesse James himself when we missed our flight on the way back from Las Vegas and SHOT Show last week. We discovered he has started his own custom firearms company and had just launched a new suppressor at SHOT Show. This guy was apparently a big fan of ours and was telling us about how he loves to shop on our site. So, because of his badassery and fandom, we’ve decided to share with you the suppressor he released with you all!
(jjfu.com)-The Aero Sonic’s un-conventional inner and outer shape and air regulating outer barrel are crucial for reducing high pressure (super sonic) waves. The round enters the suppressor chamber at supersonic speeds, creating uneven, high air pressure waves. These waves translate into sound. We feel that the amount of air that is being pushed by the round is so great that if not addressed it will create a sonic boom at the open end of conventional suppressors. This is why many suppressor manufacturers are now porting the front on the suppressor in an attempt to bleed off air. We have effectively figured out a way to reduce the air pressure as it enters the suppressor chamber, and slow it down in a gentle way, dramatically reducing the sound and eliminating muzzle flash. The result is that we have created a true sound suppressor, muzzle flash eliminator, low signature firing system.
- Lowest Sound Suppression
- The Aero Sonic patented design slows down muzzle pressure by controlling the blast of air as it enters the suppressor chamber. With the muzzle pressure reaching 1500 psi you cannot simply deflect it with hopes of making it quieter. The air pressure must be controlled, and bled off, slowing it down.
- Our unique design lets the air expand in the pulse shape of a super sonic sound wave. All internal surfaces are machined with organic curves in an effort to reduce turbulence. Turbulence = Harmonics = Sound. The more gently you can slow down the air, the quieter the results.
- Super Sonic air pressure is also regulated with our patented inner barrel design. Pressure relief slots are machined in an oscillating pattern. This regulates the outward flowing air to the suppressor chambers. This helps the already expelled air to bleed off, and not be hyper charged as it passes thorough the suppressor chambers.
- Test fired with 5.56 ammo, sound was 78 decibels at the muzzle.
- Zero Optic Heat Signature
- By controlling the air pressure passing through the suppressor in a gentle manner, heat is drastically reduced. This is made possible by not hyper charging the suppressor chambers with air. Packing hot air on top of hot air unregulated creates a lot of heat. This is why most suppressors cannot be touched after one 30 round magazine.
- Zero Muzzle Flash
- Night time testing was conducted with 5.56 rounds shot in semi auto and full auto. Zero muzzle flash was produced from 25 yards in front of the shooter. Filmed from 10 feet to the side of the shooter a very dim flash was visible for the first 2 semi auto rounds fired. We believe this might have occurred because the rifle had just been cleaned, and the flash was left over residue from the lubricants used. Fired on full auto, NO muzzle flash was visible from the front or sides.
- Zero Loss in Round Velocity
- The inner barrel acts much like a barrel extension. Testing showed average rounds picked up 100 meters per second of velocity. Testing has also shown that the Aero Sonic equipped guns to be MORE accurate, showing no typical suppressed round drop. Plain and simple, they just shoot better.
- Fully Field Serviceable
- The Aero Sonic’s unique design allows the suppressor to be field stripped and serviced. Replaceable baffles and o-rings make it a tool that will last a lifetime. We feel this is the most valuable feature of our suppressor. Most common suppressors have a 2500 round lifespan. We have several active prototypes with 20,000+ rounds and counting.
- Superior materials like Titanium, Inconel, 7075 Aluminum, and Stainless Steel are used in its construction making for a very durable product.
- Weight: 1 pound, 5 ounces
- Length: 8.00 inches
- Width: 2.25 inches at widest point
- Caliber: Multi